Whether you’re a new startup looking to expand or you’ve been in the game awhile but are just now getting into the trade show scene, you need a trade show display to showcase your brand. There are lots of options on the market, but pop up trade show displays are an increasingly popular choice. Here’s what you need to know about pop up displays and how to select the best one for your business.
What are pop up trade show displays?
Pop up displays are portable exhibit booths that businesses use to advertise at trade shows. These displays consist of a frame that holds graphics and other information in place, and many also come with additional features, such as a podium or additional shelves. Unlike custom-designed exhibit booths, pop up display booths are highly versatile and easy to transport, and they’re often a more cost-effect option for businesses.
- The frame – Pop up trade show frames generally come in aluminum, fiberglass, or carbon fiber. There are pros and cons to each type of frame, but fiberglass and carbon fiber are known as some of the most durable frames. If you opt for an aluminum frame, consider going with high quality, aircraft-grade aluminum, as the lower quality versions may bend or dent more easily.
- Channel bars – Channel bars connect the graphic fabric to the frame and come in several styles. Some pop up trade show displays feature slide-and-lock channel bars, while others have bars that are glued into place. These bars also come with magnetic strips, or are fully magnetic themselves, to hold the fabric in place.
- Fabric panels – These are what everyone visiting your booth will see, and what will hopefully draw them inside. These panels attach to the channel bars and are used to display your company’s graphic and other information you want consumers to see. Some pop up trade show displays have pre-printed mural graphic panels, but others use Velcro so you can attach your own graphics.
- Transport – Pop ups are made to be assembled and disassembled at each trade show, so a case is necessary for transport. When searching for a suitable pop up display, make sure the case is high quality, durable, and can stand up to years of use. The case also needs to have adequate padding for storage of lighting and other fragile items, and strong locks are a must as well. Additionally, check the wheels to ensure they can handle high-impact situations and will remain virtually indestructible for the duration of your pop up use.
- Add-on features – Most portable pop ups displays also come with additional features that you can elect to add to your purchase. These may include additional lighting, shelves, a reception desk or a podium. Find out what is included or what can be included at a later date should the need arise.
- Warranty – Many pop up display manufacturers offer a lifetime or limited warranty on their product. Before selecting a display, check with the supplier to see what type of warranty is offered and what the coverage includes. Some warranties will only cover the frame and other hardware associated with the pop up, while others are more inclusive.
- Support – When asking about the warranty, check with the manufacturer to see what support systems are in place should you need them. There’s nothing worse than having part of your pop up display malfunction or suffer damage right in the middle of a trade show, so see if a repair kit is provided or if on-site personnel are available for repairs.
Clearly, there is much to consider when purchasing pop up display booths. However, these booths are well-known for being one of the top choices for businesses who require portable displays and versatile platforms from which to advertise at trade shows. If you consider all your options carefully before making your pop up display selection, you should enjoy many years of exhibiting.